With their pretty shapes, these treats look lovely at the center of the cookie plates I arrange for all our Christmas gatherings...and they are always the first to disappear. This is my husband's favorite Christmas cookie. -Sylvia Neudorf Abbotsford, British Columbia
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- Colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, pecans and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3/4 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Melt vanilla chips and remaining shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies halfway in semisweet mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Dip remaining cookies halfway in vanilla mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and sprinkle coated area with colored sprinkles. Let harden. Yield: 12-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Pecan Spritz in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p29
Reviews for Dipped Pecan Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review