Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
A tin of Jackie Howell's chocolate-coated cookies is a tempting treat you'll love to give. "The recipe is almost too simple to believe!" assures the Gordo, Alabama field editor.
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 sleeve (4 ounces) round Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- 1 cup white, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with remaining
- crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and
- shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip sandwiches and place on waxed
- paper until chocolate hardens.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 264 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.