A tin of Jackie Howell's chocolate-coated cookies is a tempting treat you'll love to give. "The recipe is almost too simple to believe!" assures the Gordo, Alabama field editor.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 sleeve (4 ounces) round butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup white, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip sandwiches and place on waxed paper until chocolate hardens. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p15
Reviews for Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review