- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 sleeve (4 ounces) round butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup white, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip sandwiches and place on waxed paper until chocolate hardens. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
You can also make these with almond bark chocolate flavored coating. Melting directions are on the packaging.
These were so simple and delicious. My sons friend said they tasted like Keebler!
My son turned me on to these cookies over the holidays. He had some at a friend's house and raved about them. He told me how they were made, but it seemed to simple - it just couldn't be that easy. Well, I was wrong! After looking on the internet, I found this recipe, which matched what he told me. After making them, I definitely know why he raved!! These are great!! I've made them several times since the holidays (and this is only March), and I'm making them again this weekend. YUM!
I was impressed that she actually remembered what type of cookies that I brought the year before.