Dipped Peanut Butter Logs
Nibbling on my nutty confections has long been a Christmas tradition. Even after our seven children moved away, they'd still ask me to send batches to them each December.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3-3/4 cups (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill for 1
- hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape into 2-in. logs; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. In
- a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip one end of each log into chocolate; allow excess to drip off or
- drizzle chocolate over logs. Return to waxed paper-lined sheet;
- chill until chocolate is set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.