Nibbling on my nutty confections has long been a Christmas tradition. Even after our seven children moved away, they'd still ask me to send batches to them each December.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3-3/4 cups (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape into 2-in. logs; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip one end of each log into chocolate; allow excess to drip off or drizzle chocolate over logs. Return to waxed paper-lined sheet; chill until chocolate is set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Peanut Butter Logs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p38
Reviews for Dipped Peanut Butter Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review