Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Baking mix makes these soft, moist cookies a snap to stir-up, yet they're pretty enough for parties. "I'm often asked to bring them to wedding and baby showers, and they're popular around the holiday's, too. I sometimes mix the dough the day before and chill it until I have to bake the cookies."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 to 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually stir in biscuit mix and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 191 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC