Baking mix makes these soft, moist cookies a snap to stir-up, yet they're pretty enough for parties. "I'm often asked to bring them to wedding and baby showers, and they're popular around the holiday's, too. I sometimes mix the dough the day before and chill it until I have to bake the cookies."
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 to 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually stir in biscuit mix and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p28
Reviews for Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2015
"Very bland. :("
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2013
"My kids have taken this recipe to our county fair. It has judged well! Delicious and easy to make!"