Dipped Macaroons Recipe
I always get compliments from my kids, grandkids and great-grandkids on these elegant cookies. Dipping macaroons on raspberry-flavored chocolate makes them uncommonly good!
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: About 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Macaroons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC