Dipped Macaroons Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: About 3 dozen.
1 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Dipped Macaroons
"Out of all the recipes on this site I chose this one, not really sure why. Well, I am soooo glad I did. Incredible. I dipped them half of the way in chocolate so the chocolate sauce was enough for 2 batches. It was also a lot easier to handle during the dipping. So good thanks. So easy too! I made them while my sister was over w her 3 yr.old twins and new baby (and her dog) and my two children. In other words it was quick and didn't take much concentration:))"