I always get compliments from my kids, grandkids and great-grandkids on these elegant cookies. Dipping macaroons on raspberry-flavored chocolate makes them uncommonly good!
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in
- egg whites and almond extract; mix well. Drop by rounded
- teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to
- wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- half of each cookie in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: About 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hershey's raspberry chips with semisweet chocolate.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium,