Dipped Lemon Spritz Recipe
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- In a small food processor, combine sugar and lemon peel; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup lemon-sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a 1-1/2-in. bar disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into squares (there is no need to separate the pieces).
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies diagonally in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle chocolate with remaining lemon-sugar. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 6 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dipped Lemon Spritz(4)
Sort By :
Didn't bother dipping in chocolate - everyone raved about this recipe. I do huge trays of Christmas cookies every year and these are one of the most popular
I made these for a cookie sale and got rave reviews.
I would try using lemon extract in these cookies next time rather than the vanilla extract to try to give them a little more zest. Other than that I thought they were really nice and not too overpowering which can be really nice when you have a big meal such as Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Everyone also loved how pretty these cookies turned out!
Cookie was very bland. Very disappointing; wouldn't make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Lemon Cookies >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >