This refreshing cookies are sure to be a hit on your holiday cookie plate. The chocolate is sure to please everyone's chocolate cravings.—Ms. Lee B. Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small food processor, combine sugar and lemon peel; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup lemon-sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a 1-1/2-in. bar disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into squares (there is no need to separate the pieces).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies diagonally in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle chocolate with remaining lemon-sugar. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze up to 3 months. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Lemon Spritz in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p93
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dipped Lemon Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review