Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches
With just a few ingredients, including red, white and blue sprinkles, these sweet frozen treats are sure to make your family ooh and aah!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 ice cream sandwiches
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave or
- heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Quickly dip ice cream sandwiches partway in melted chocolate; coat
- chocolate with sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.