Dipped Ice Cream Cones
You can also have a fancy waffle cone at home, not just at an ice cream shop. It is the perfect dessert for any summer supper.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 12 ice cream waffle cones or bowls
- Optional toppings: assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts, flaked coconut and and small jelly beans
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the
- top of each waffle cone into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off;
- roll in toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand
- until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.