- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 12 ice cream waffle cones or bowls
- Optional toppings: assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts, flaked coconut and and small jelly beans
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the top of each waffle cone into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; roll in toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Ice Cream Cones in Taste of Home
Reviews for Dipped Ice Cream Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2009
Do you have a recipe for making the waffle cone itself?
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2009
I'm wondering how you would store these cones/bowls after preparing them without compromising the taste or texture of the cone/bowl? Thank you very much!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >