I get a great deal of satisfaction making and giving time-tested yuletide treats like these soft, chewy cookies. Dipping them in white chocolate makes great gingersnaps even more special. —Laura Kimball, West Jordan, Utah
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 14-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Gingersnaps in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p27
Reviews for Dipped Gingersnaps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review