- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 14-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Dipped Gingersnaps
Sort By :
"These have been a favorite for years and the recipe is always requested. I use white almond bark for the dipping and it works perfectly. (I melt in a double boiler, chocolate also works well.)"
"I didn't care for these at all. They tasted like their ingredients: oil and sugar, baked up crisp. They were not chewy at all, even though I kept them to the lower end of directions- 10 minutes. I disliked them so much that I tossed the 3 batches I baked and the remaining dough. I will look for a recipe that calls for some butter and brown sugar for more flavor and chewy softness. I cannot recommend these. Yuk."
"I have made these for many years and they are so good.The only problem I have is melting the white chips,,I have NEVER had luck with that process,,so at Christmas I rolled them in colored sugars for a more festive look.The recipe make a big batch.VERY delicious"
"I baked these as a favor to my best friend for her wedding... in the last 2 months since I have had so many requests for these and I seem to be baking them every week! Definitely adding this awesome cookie to my Christmas cookie list :)"
"This is a great recipe... everyone loves it!"