Dipped Fruit on a Stick Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 medium firm ripe bananas
- 3 medium apples
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Peel bananas; cut in half widthwise. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Insert sticks into fruit; dip into chocolate, coating fruit completely; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts or coconut.
- 2. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Dipped Fruit on a Stick
"Sounds very good and easy, but wouldn't you need 12 Popsicle sticks?"