Dipped Fruit on a Stick Recipe
Paula Marchese's quick and easy dessert idea has been a staple in her family for as long as she can remember. "Our five grown sons loved these when they were tots," she pens from Rocky Point, New York. "Nowadays, it's our two grandchildren who request the flavorful snacks."
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 medium firm ripe bananas
- 3 medium apples
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Peel bananas; cut in half widthwise. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Insert sticks into fruit; dip into chocolate, coating fruit completely; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts or coconut.
- 2. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC