Dipped Cherry Cookies Recipe
Our seven children and four grandkids voted this festive, flavorful cookie a “keeper.” We gave a batch to our mail carrier, in thanks for trudging through so much snow, and she asked for the recipe. —Ruth Anne Dale, Titusville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + standing YIELD:51 servings
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, patted dry
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Coarse sugar and red edible glitter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Knead in the cherries, 2/3 cup white chocolate and extract until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 4. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with coarse sugar and edible glitter. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC