Dipped Brownie Pops Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 16 wooden pop sticks
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Assorted sprinkles, chopped pecans and/or miniature marshmallows
- 1. Line a 8- or 9-in.-square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for the size baking pan you used. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Using foil, lift brownie out of pan; remove foil. Cut brownie into sixteen squares. Gently insert wooden pop stick into the side of each square. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- 4. Dip eight brownies halfway into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip remaining brownies halfway into white chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Place in bags and fasten with twist ties or ribbon if desired. Yield: 16 brownie pops.
1 brownie pop: 293 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Dipped Brownie Pops
"What an awesome idea - I'm going to do this for our next fundraiser - it is so easy I used parchment paper instead of foil but that is the only difference - great ida"