Dipped Brownie Pops Recipe
I had to have a quick fundraiser at school for a student organization, so I made these brownie pops. The kids loved them and I sold over 200 hundred in an afternoon. For s'mores brownie pops, add crushed graham crackers to the dipped chocolate. —Jamie Franklin, Murtaugh, Idaho
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 16 Popsicle sticks
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Assorted sprinkles, chopped pecans and/or miniature marshmallows
- Line a 8- or 9-in.-square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for the size baking pan you used. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownie out of pan; remove foil. Cut brownie into sixteen squares. Gently insert a Popsicle stick into the side of each square. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- Dip eight brownies halfway into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip remaining brownies halfway into white chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Place in bags and fasten with twist ties or ribbon if desired. Yield: 16 brownie pops.
Originally published as Dipped Brownie Pops in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p286
Reviews for Dipped Brownie Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2014
"What an awesome idea - I'm going to do this for our next fundraiser - it is so easy I used parchment paper instead of foil but that is the only difference - great ida"