Fun for a graduate's party, these easy sandwiches can be made ahead and chilled. Thinly sliced ham, turkey, beef and cheese are other options for the filling. I've also used halves of 6-inch tortillas to make smaller "diplomas."
22 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) thin white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups prepared ham, tuna or chicken salad
- Whole chives or green onion tops
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread a rounded
- tablespoonful of ham salad onto each slice of bread. Gently roll up;
- tie each with a chive.
- Yield: 22 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 102 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.