Diploma Appetizers Recipe
- 16 to 20 green onions
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 32 slices white or wheat bread, crusts removed
- Melted butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1. Cut green tops off onions; set aside. Chop enough of the remaining onions to measure 1/2 cup.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are tender. Add cream cheese and seasonings; stir over low heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture on each slice and roll up. Place in a single layer on greased baking sheets. Freeze for 30 minutes. Frozen unbaked roll-ups may be stored in airtight containers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- 4. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut reserved onion tops in half lengthwise. Place in boiling water for 1 minute; drain and cool. Tie a strip around each roll-up. Yield: 32 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Diploma Appetizers
"These diploma roll-ups were delicous, everyone at the graduation party loved them and asked for the recipe. We all had ideas for different flavors - brocolli & cheddar, ham & swiss, bacon & apple...."
"Ive made these a few times now and everyone always loves them...we never have any left!! great appetizer!"
"Where's the recipe measurements?"