Dinosaur Eggs Recipe
The mold I'd used to make Jell-O treats at Easter inspired me to include these unusual fun green "dinosaur eggs" on the party lunch menu. Instant pudding and cinnamon give the eggs a creamy look with speckles. —Robin Werner, Brush Prairie, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in cinnamon. In a large measuring cup with a spout, beat milk and pudding mix until blended, about 1 minute. Quickly whisk into gelatin until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Cut into ovals or use an egg-shaped cookie cutter. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 81 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC