- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with 1 teaspoon sugar. Add the milk, butter, eggs, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; shape each portion into 12 balls. Place rolls in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Lightly brush with melted butter if desired. Place pans on wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Dinner Rolls
"These rolls turned out really good and they looked just like the picture! I will definitely be making these again. Thanks!!!"
"I just made these and OMG are they good. It's the first time I've baked rolls. I haven't tried baking breads/rolls for a long time as I haven't had good results because of the yeast. So happy it turned out great, easy too."
"quite good and light! Nice recipe!"
"Good and easy to make, but not quite what I was hoping for. I may have overworked the dough. They turned out tougher than I wanted."
"I made these rolls for my family last Friday, substituting stick margarine for the butter and soy milk for the milk. I also omitted the tsp. sugar in which to dissolve the yeast. These were simply outstanding! And dairy free to boot! Already my wife and kids want me to make them again!Avram Herzog"
"these are easy and so yummy they taste just like they are from a restraunt"
"These were so great for Thanksgiving! I didn't do the second rise and they turned out with a little heavier feel that was perfect. I will definitely make these again."
"Love the taste... will definitely make it again"