Dinner in a Packet
“Kids enjoy making this simple dinner as much as eating it,” notes Louise Graybiel of Toronto, Ontario. “I got the recipe years ago at Guide Camp.”More Kids Dinner Recipes »
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (4 ounces)
- 1 medium potato, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- Place the pork chop on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about
- 18 in. x 14 in.). Top with potato, carrot and peas. Sprinkle with
- soup mix. Seal foil tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until meat
- juices run clear, turning occasionally. Carefully remove foil to
- allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 packet (prepared with reduced-sodium onion soup mix) equals 481 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 43 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now