Dinner in a Dish Recipe
I haven't found anyone yet who can resist this saucy beef casserole topped with mashed potatoes. The peas and tomatoes add color and make a helping or two a complete meal. —Betty Sitzman, Wary, Colorado
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook an stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Combine potatoes and eggs. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto beef mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 302 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC