Dinner Eggs Recipe
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced Swiss cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. Place Canadian bacon in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with Swiss cheese. Break eggs over cheese. Pour cream over eggs.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper. Bake 4-8 minutes longer or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with parsley and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. Cut between each egg and top each muffin half with an egg, and slice of bacon and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Dinner Eggs
"I have been making this recipe for years...a couple of modifications I have made to the recipe are I leave out the Parm and the parsley. It is true the eggs slide around but if you make a little box for them by tearing up the swiss cheese they stay just fine. Also you need to use the swiss cheese that is wrapped in individual slices. The taste and texture of the cheese sauce is better when you use the "processed" cheese. It is very good and is a favorite of my husbands for any meal also leftovers are even better the next day."
"and I would NOT make this again!"
"the stars aren't working. I would give this 3 stars. The recipe is a disaster but the result was very good and rich. Way too much cream; the eggs don't want to 'sit' on top of the cheese, they slide off; the baking time cooked the yolks and the whites weren't set; coming out of the pan the eggs slipped off the bacon/cheese......."