Dinette Cake Recipe
IT ONLY TAKES MINUTES to get this cake into the oven. It's one of my favorite desserts. I love serving this treat to guests, and it's also one of my grandchildren frequently request I make for them. -Margaret Sanders, Indianapolis, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:8-9 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh fruit or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with fruit or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8-9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 253 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC