IT ONLY TAKES MINUTES to get this cake into the oven. It's one of my favorite desserts. I love serving this treat to guests, and it's also one of my grandchildren frequently request I make for them. -Margaret Sanders, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh fruit or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with fruit or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8-9 servings.
Originally published as Dinette Cake in Reminisce Extra August 1998, p47
Reviews for Dinette Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review