- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Heat the cottage cheese to 110° to 115° add to yeast mixture. Add the egg, butter, onion, dill, sugar, salt, baking soda and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour (do not knead).
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir batter down. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray half full. Cover and let rise until batter reaches top of cups, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 17 muffins.
Originally published as Dilly Yeast Muffins in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p45
Reviews for Dilly Yeast Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review