My sister shared the recipe for this fresh crunchy salad seasoned with dill. It's handy because you can assemble and eat it right away...or cover and refrigerate it to take to a picnic or potluck the next day. The longer it chills, the more tangy it is. —Anna Emory-Royal Murfressboro, Tennessee
- 2-3/4 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, green pepper, cheese, onions and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Veggie Pasta Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p31
Reviews for Dilly Veggie Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review