Dilly Veggie Pasta Salad
My sister shared the recipe for this fresh crunchy salad seasoned with dill. It's handy because you can assemble and eat it right away...or cover and refrigerate it to take to a picnic or potluck the next day. The longer it chills, the more tangy it is.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-3/4 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, green pepper, cheese,
- onions and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield:
- 8 servings.