Dilly Vegetable Spread Recipe
"My family enjoys this creamy snack," says Donna Jandreau of Lincoln, Maine. "Packed with chunks of vegetables, ham and cheese, it's also good as a sandwich spread or stuffed in a tomato."
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 medium dill pickles, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 pound American cheese, diced
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the next five ingredients; mix well. Stir in tomato, pickles, green pepper, onion, ham and cheese. Chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 50 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC