Dilly Vegetable Medley Recipe
“I love to eat what I grow, and I have tried many combinations of the fresh vegetables from my garden. This one is really great! I never have leftovers when I make this tasty side." Rebecca Barjonah Coralville, Iowa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a very large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC