Dilly Turkey Melt Recipe
This is a hearty grilled sandwich with a distinctive and delicious combination of ingredients. The pickle slices add a bit of fun, and the barbecue sauce provides a hint of sweetness that's irresistible. -Henry Mujica, North Riverside, Illinois
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- Dill pickle slices
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside. Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread. Layer each with one slice of cheese, bacon, turkey, pickles, onions and another slice of cheese. Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- 2. In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter. Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted (skillet may be covered the last few minutes to help melt cheese if necessary). Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 606 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 2,067 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Dilly Turkey Melt
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC