- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- Dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside. Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread. Layer each with one slice of cheese, bacon, turkey, pickles, onions and another slice of cheese. Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter. Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted (skillet may be covered the last few minutes to help melt cheese if necessary). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Turkey Melt
"I made these for our family of three adults and everyone loved them. I made two changes just based on our personal tastes. I used Swiss cheese instead of the Monterey Jack called for and I grilled them in my panini press instead of on the stove top. Its a terrific combination of flavors!"
"Right amount of meatiness and crunch."
"This melt is delicious! I can not believe I found this recipie online, it was in a TOH book i had years ago. I would highly recomment the dilly turkey melt!"
"This sandwich was so good that it's a regular at my house. It's hearty enough for dinner too!"