Dilly Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 to 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato, optional
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato and mayonnaise if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 388 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Dilly Turkey Burgers
"Really moist and flavorful! Served with Dijon mustard instead of mayo to cut calories."
"Very good. I use ground turkey that is almost fat free as I think it has a better taste."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.