Dilly Sweet Onion Relish
“Absolutely the best sweet relish I have tasted. It can be served warm, cold or at room temperature. My aunt swore by this relish, and I can see why. It cannot be matched!”
—Denise Patterson, Bainbridge, Ohio
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large sweet onions (about 3-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add broth and
- vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve at
- room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.