Dilly Sweet Onion Relish Recipe
- 6 large sweet onions (about 3-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 57 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Dilly Sweet Onion Relish
"This was tasty. I think I would prefer to have the onions chopped rather than sliced. I'll try it again with chopped onions. They should be eaiser to eat on a sandwich."