Dilly Sweet Onion Relish Recipe
“Absolutely the best sweet relish I have tasted. It can be served warm, cold or at room temperature. My aunt swore by this relish, and I can see why. It cannot be matched!” —Denise Patterson, Bainbridge, Ohio
- 6 large sweet onions (about 3-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Dilly Sweet Onion Relish in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p14
Reviews for Dilly Sweet Onion Relish(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2010
This was tasty. I think I would prefer to have the onions chopped rather than sliced. I'll try it again with chopped onions. They should be eaiser to eat on a sandwich.