Dilly Stuffed Potatoes
Dill weed and cream cheese give these twice-baked potatoes a tangy taste that makes them a little different. To get a head start, stuff the potato shells beforehand and put them in the fridge. Then finish baking close to dinnertime.
4 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until
- tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until
- tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top
- of each and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a
- bowl, mash the pulp with cheddar cheese, cream cheese and dill. Stir
- in the bacon and reserved onion mixture. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 632 calories, 33 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein.