Dilly Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with cheddar cheese, cream cheese and dill. Stir in the bacon and reserved onion mixture. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Stuffed Potatoes in Country Woman September/October 2005, p37
Reviews for Dilly Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
Absolutely divine. I added abit of salt and pepper, otherwise just as is...... can't wait to eat the leftovers!