Dilly Spoon Rolls Recipe
These cute dill-flavored rolls baked in muffin cups are a great accompaniment to almost any main course. "They're a family favorite," Ellen Thompson relates from Springfield, Ohio. "I like to prepare big batches of these rolls and freeze extras so that they're always on hand."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Stir in 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, dill, salt, egg and oil. Beat until smooth. Beat in enough remaining flour to achieve a slightly sticky, thick batter. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Spoon batter into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 roll equals 127 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC