Dilly Salmon Recipe
This moist and tender salmon fillet is marinated in a tangy dill sauce. The attractive entree comes from Karla Sprague of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (1 inch thick and 3 pounds), cut in half widthwise
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, wine, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce until well blended. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in dill and pepper. Place salmon in a shallow glass dish. Pour 2 cups marinade over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with some of the reserved marinade. Grill or broil 7-9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC