- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (1 inch thick and 3 pounds), cut in half widthwise
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, wine, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce until well blended. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in dill and pepper. Place salmon in a shallow glass dish. Pour 2 cups marinade over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with some of the reserved marinade. Grill or broil 7-9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dilly Salmon
Sort By :
This one is a keeper at our house. I didn't have fresh dill but thought with what I used it still tasted great.
This was delicious. I also put aside some extra marinade to use as sauce at the table. I cooked the fish under the broiler as I did not want to stand outside in the cold rain. It came out perfect! I will definitely make this again.
I served this as the main dish at my parent's anniversary dinner. It was delicious!! The best salmon ever.
I love this recipe! I think the marinade tastes so good that I make extra and use it as a sauce. My favorite way to serve it is with rice and baby carrots. Sometimes I pour a little of the marinade on the baby carrots too. Yummy!
this recipe sounds marvelous and I will try it tommorow and let you know how it turned out
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >