Dilly Romaine Salad
Fresh dill gives a nice zing and flavor to the dressing for this refreshing salad. I seldom use store-bought dressings anymore, now that I know how easy it is to mix up my own homemade versions.
-Catherine Dawe, Kent, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- CREAMY DILL DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes and
- onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing
- ingredients; cover and shake well. Serve with salad. Refrigerate any
- leftover dressing. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup salad dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.