Dilly Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cottage cheese and butter until butter is melted. Cool to 110° to 115°. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add eggs, sugar, onion, dill, salt, baking soda and cottage cheese mixture. Add 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Form into 24 balls; place in a 13x9-in. baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 130 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Dilly Rolls
"I have been making these rolls for family get togethers since this was first published in the magazine. They are a nice alternative to plain dinner rolls and as the contributer of the recipe stated, they are great the next day for egg salad, etc. I have never had an issue with these rising and they always turn out light and fluffy."
"A new favorite. Soft and flavorful. Excellent!"
"Ooops, forgot to say "add remaining flour while dough is in bread machine.""
"Best rolls I've ever made. Put 1st 10 ingredients in food processor, ran it, added 1 cup flour, ran it, then poured all into bread machine. Put on knead and rise program only. These rolls will continue to rise quite a bit while baking. Very light and tender with a subtle onion/dill taste. Recipe is a keeper!"