Dilly Rolls Recipe
These versatile rolls are great served warm alongside any dinner. I always make a big batch since my family enjoys the rolls after they're cool, too, stuffed with filling like egg salad or ham salad. -Mary Bickel, Terre Haute, Indiana
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook cottage cheese and butter until butter is melted. Cool to 110° to 115°. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add eggs, sugar, onion, dill, salt, baking soda and cottage cheese mixture. Add 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Form into 24 balls; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC