Dilly Potato Salad
Each spring and fall, I make large amounts of this potato salads for festivals at our church. Everyone says it goes well with the meats the other men barbecue.Howard Haug, Hewitt, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 large red potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 green pepper strips (1/4 inch wide)
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, pickles, pimientos,
- eggs and the chopped green pepper. In a small bowl, combine
- mayonnaise, mustard and salt; add to the potato mixture and mix
- well. Spoon into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with paprika. Arrange
- green pepper strips in the center in the shape of wheel spokes.
- Yield: 8 servings.