- 4 pounds red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15/20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes. Chop four eggs; slice remaining egg for garnish. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped eggs, pickles and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika; garnish with sliced egg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Potato and Egg Salad
Sort By :
"I made this exactly as written. It was delicious and I loved the change from using my regular celery to using the chopped pickles."
"good for summer when added dill and scalions."
"Our family loves this recipe. Easy to put together and super good. It's my go-to recipe now."
"This is the best potato salad recipe I've ever made! The dill pickles are what make it so delicious. I tried putting some fresh dill in it and it turned out great!"
"I really liked this potato salad, but seemed like it needed more seasoning...more salt/pepper maybe?"