Dilly Potato & Egg Salad Recipe
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes (about 14), peeled and halved
- 5 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; cool completely.
- 2. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Peel and chop four eggs; peel and slice remaining egg. Add chopped eggs, pickles and onion to potatoes. Mix mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper; stir gently into potato mixture.
- 3. Sprinkle with paprika; top with sliced egg. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 326 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Dilly Potato & Egg Salad
"I make this but adding mustard and without celery seed or paprika. It's my family's favorite. In fact, one of my grandsons ate 2 lbs of it a couple of nights ago."
"I make a much demanded version of this but add 1/2 cup of mustard and 2 Tblspoons of pickle juice."
"I made this exactly as written. It was delicious and I loved the change from using my regular celery to using the chopped pickles."
"good for summer when added dill and scalions."
"Our family loves this recipe. easy to put together and super good. It's my go-to recipe now."
"This is the best potato salad recipe I've ever made! The dill pickles are what make it so delicious. I tried putting some fresh dill in it and it turned out great!"
"I really liked this potato salad, but seemed like it needed more seasoning...more salt/pepper maybe?"
"This is one of the best potato salad recipe ever, my family gatherings are not the same without it"
"I always am asked for the recipe when I make this. It's a summer staple for our family!!"
"lost this respie first made it while taking care of my sister Pearl in ok the summer of 07 been a summer hit sence"
"llynettew18 is WRONG. This potato salad is the best I have ever eaten and all agree that I make it for."
"llynette must be lacking in tastebuds, as this is ABSOLUTELY the most fantastic potato salad recipe ever. Everyone raves over it when I make it."
"I hated this potato salad. The pickle taste is way too much and I even cut back to 1/2 cup of chopped dill pickles. I do not suggest this anyone."