Dilly Pea Salad dresses up peas in a deliciously different way. "I got the recipe for this refreshing salad from my best friend when I was a young bride," relates Rita Applegate of La Mesa, California. I've shared it with many people over the years."
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoon sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add peas; toss. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Pea Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p11
Reviews for Dilly Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010
"The flavors dodn't blend well and it was runny, maybe some modification, not sure what?"
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2008
"Took this dish to a 4th July picnic ;ast year where it was well received. Plan to take again tomorrow, doubling the amount."