Dilly Parmesan Bread Recipe
This recipe originally called for chives. Over the years, I've substituted dill with wonderful results.—Marian Bell, Gillette, New Jersey
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add 3 cups of flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, dill, butter and salt; beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in remaining flour (do not knead).
- 2. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Stir batter down and beat 25 strokes with a spoon. Place in a greased 9-in. springform pan (do not allow to rise). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings).
1 slice: 156 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Dilly Parmesan Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC