- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 teaspoons dill seed, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a small saucepan, heat cottage cheese to 110°-115°. Add the cottage cheese, egg, sugar, onion, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoons dill seed, salt and 1 cup flour to yeast mixture. Beat until well smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread with 1 tablespoon butter.
- With the dull edge of a table knife, score dough widthwise at 2-in. intervals. Using those marks as a guideline, make score marks widthwise across dough.
- Fold dough accordion-style, back and forth along creased lines. Cut folded dough into 1-in. pieces. Place each piece cut side down in a greased muffin cup.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining dill seed. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Dilly Onion Dinner Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p20
Reviews for Dilly Onion Dinner Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review